Devonshire Pork Casserole
- 500g Diced Pork
- 2 Large Onions
- 250g Mushrooms
- Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1 heaped teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 Large Cooking Apples
- 500 ml Dry Cider
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the onions, and gently fry in hot oil in a large casserole dish, when softened add the pork and lightly brown.
- Add the cider, coriander seeds, rosemary and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover the casserole and put into a preheated oven at 180oC, Gas 4 for 1 hour.
- Slice the mushrooms and peel core and slice the cooking apples
- Remove the casserole from the oven and arrange the sliced mushrooms in a layer over the top and then arrange a layer of apple.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further hour.
- Remove from the oven and serve at once.
- Delicious with mashed potatoes to soak up the juices.